This is life, Live now...
Join my online Journal of Personal Adventure, Words and Photography...
Thanks for stopping by...
Smiles, Sherry

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A Doha moment...

This is the guy who came to measure for my curtains today...
 Not your ordinary tailor right? I was so excited when I answered my door I couldn't concentrate on what he was there for... All I could think was "I've got to get my camera, I have to take his picture!" 
I have been dying to photograph the red bearded guys since I have been here but they are not so comfortable being photographed, until today... This gingerhaired Muslim was happy, smiled, and even liked Bella. There is this one I have been stalking that sits on a bench barefoot by the American School everyday but I have never had enough nerve to stop.



















I am not sure of the significance of the red dye which I know is Henna, it has something to do with a religious issue, I think it symbolizes a true faith in Allah, but I will get back to you on this.

So for today ~ I hope for all of you interesting characters to pop into your lives as unique as Mr. Red Beard himself.
SMILES!!!
Sher

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The red beard has to do with the prophet Mohammed. Ask any of them and they will tell you the story from the Koran.

Sher said...

I would have asked but I don't speak his language and he didn't speak mine!!!

Deb said...

It means he has been on he haj. And that he is doing everything he can to be a good muslim. (like staying away from pretty girls!)