This is life, Live now...
Join my online Journal of Personal Adventure, Words and Photography...
Thanks for stopping by...
Smiles, Sherry

Saturday, December 10, 2011

My obsession with decorations...

 Tis the season to be Jolly...
Oh come all ye faithful...
Deck the Halls!!! Now were talkin'...
Gifts are wrapped and waiting...
Pinocchio is welcoming you in the Poinsettias...

 Lanterns are adorned on the porch...
 Old St. Nicholas and his friends are ready to greet you!!!
This is the month for miracles. 
Where there is LOVE, there is always miracles... and where there is miracles there is great joy!
December's gifts... some come wrapped with tissue and ribbons, some are not... Some gifts are random acts of kindness and time and effort friends and family put forth to help make your memories fabulous.
The most important gifts really are the memories made. 
No shopping or wrapping required.
 MY CHILDHOOD SANTA, 
 A PRICELESS MEMORY 
RESIDES IN HIS PROTECTED PASTA GLOBE... 
This is the only Christmas decoration, other than the tree that my family had. I feel very blessed to have it now and put it out every year in a safe place... 
It is by far the most special decoration I own.
 People who know me, know I love Christmas decorations. Maybe it is an obsession. I'm OK with that. Problem is, I don't have it all here in one place. What a pity.
 and over time, you collect a bit more...  shoot, I might need another 20 foot container when I move...

There is one thing missing though, my nativity scene. 
I didn't bring it knowing that it could be confiscated due to the Muslim culture and didn't want to chance that. Religious artifacts are not allowed here although I do have a bunch of crosses and a huge St. Francis statue in my front entry. The nativity is really special, Chris and the kids bought it for me when we lived in Switzerland and it is fabulous.  So there is no Mary and Joesph, baby Jesus or 3 wise men here. They are safe in boxes in my closet in the states and I miss it a lot. 
It is the one thing we all need more of to remind us over and over again, it is not about the gifts under the tree or the fancy party, the cookies you haven't made yet, and all those last minute things you have to do...
The thoughts of the real reason for the season remains in our heart. 
Happy Birthday Jesus...

The table is set and ready for a 
Patrizi Safari Christmas!
All I need is them!
Wishing you peace and love and miracles this season...
Sher :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow so beautiful...very inspiring!
Melinda