This is life, Live now...
Join my online Journal of Personal Adventure, Words and Photography...
Thanks for stopping by...
Smiles, Sherry

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Anticipation of life yet to come...

When she was a little girl she loved shoes, red ones in particular. Aunt Gayle used to always buy her red shoes every Christmas... But I remember those black and white saddle shoes too, they all three had them, but Alexandra liked her shoes the most.

She rarely played in the doll house and never played with barbies, she would rather color, read and play games with her brother Nicholas. But she loved her shoes. I can still see her in that battery operated pink convertible barbie jeep, and those red pattened leather Mary Jane's.  She wasn't a dancer although I think she did have one pair of ballet shoes when she was 3.

Now she wears stilettos and will be soon walking across the stage draped in a black gown. Her grown up shoes will be taking her on a new adventure forward.

So much of life ahead.  Graduation, dating, new career, moving to a new location, traveling on fresh new territory. All on her very own. Wow growing up ~ really growing up. I know as her Mother I tried to always give her space to be herself, now she will be giving me mine. Living and working in spots that I am not familiar with. I know I might not be there anymore, but she always has someone with her to lean on, her faith, and I am going to count on that.

As I contemplate my number three, free from the chains of college and ready to fly like a butterfly once again into this thing we call life, I can't help but be so proud of the amazing woman she has become.
As her new journey begins, I hope and pray Alexandra will walk into her new world with confidence and be so brave to conquer everything that is set before her with grace and dignity, 
and cute red pumps.

2 comments:

Allison Joss said...

Wow...amazing. Alex is so beautiful. Congratulations to her and you! Where is she moving?

Babette said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous girl.