This is life, Live now...
Join my online Journal of Personal Adventure, Words and Photography...
Thanks for stopping by...
Smiles, Sherry

Sunday, March 8, 2009

SOFTBALL LINGO # 3

"I'VE BEEN LACED!!!"

Not with cyanide, or a Stevie Nicks outfit... No "Laced" as in those orange stitches on the ball (that is not soft), smashing your jaw, from a grounder hit by a strong young man to second, (my position) and I thought I would be cool and catch it with my face, Laced!!!

Now they are permanently stamped on my cheek.

Some of this Lingo crap is for the birds. You have to learn the hard way...


But now it is proven I am a Bad Ass, or at least I was called one.
Is that a compliment?
(Can I say that?)
It is not so bad MOM, I promise. Although my sweet compound neighbors told me it looked like I have had a small stroke! Gee I can't wait til the next game!!!

5 comments:

Just Me said...

The Longhorns are going to want their shirt back when they hear about your "skills"!

deb did it said...

awww....a kiss will make it better.

Staci Danford said...

I'm sorry, but I did laugh out loud when I saw that picture.. Someday maybe you'll look back and have fond memories of being laced. ha
Staci

Unknown said...

you tell Kristi to quit laughing - that is not funny (or is it?) xo deb

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud also at that picture. If only your friend could not have been laughing so hard. That was the best part. Allison