This is life, Live now...
Join my online Journal of Personal Adventure, Words and Photography...
Thanks for stopping by...
Smiles, Sherry

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

THE FLOATING MARKET

















This is the perfect example of being somewhere you can hardly believe it is for real... 1 hour out of Bangkok in a floating village I can not pronounce, has a morning market through the canals (Venice), bayous (Cajun) or ditches (Pasadena). Floating long boats filled with fruits, vegetables, touristy souvenirs, and these 90 yr old Thai people are actually cooking with fire! From frying bananas, spring rolls to some concoction I have no idea what it was, served in a clever boat made out of banana leaves, but begged Chris to buy it because the 110 year old lady was the cutest thing I had ever seen. (Had stomach ache for 3 days afterwards, but worth it)...









Looking back, I am sick I didn't have a longer lens, my own car, boat and time. I was stuck in a van with 3 Japanese tourists and a couple from Argentina, having to visit dumb ass tourist destinations like a coconut sugar factory and a wood carving spot. I could have spent a few days photographing this unbelievable real life market, on the water in Thailand. The faces and colors and smells (for Karen), were amazing.




I wanna go back.




1 comment:

deb did it said...

My mouth is watering.
Your photos are beautiful, capturing the moment...I can almost hear it. All my senses are ignited! Thanks for another glimpse into your world! Deb