This is life, Live now...
Join my online Journal of Personal Adventure, Words and Photography...
Thanks for stopping by...
Smiles, Sherry

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Lauper Wine Label Project


One of my most wonderful memories of living in Switzerland is everything about a precious lady named Cecile' Lauper and handsome husband Andre'. They are Swiss farmers and about the nicest people on earth.

You see, I am a country girl and living near a farm, vineyards and fields of crops was right up my alley. Although I have never lived on a farm, I have always loved the farm life since I was a child as looked at from the outside peeking in. It is slightly sick but I like the smell of cow dunk. I was raised a city girl I guess, but my soul is screaming tractors, cows, pigs, hay, & manure! (I know what your thinking, yes, I am already full of shit. Whatever....)

Over the years we have helped them cut the grapes during the harvest in late September several times, but mainly just for the pictures. One year Chris helped Cecile' make Paella in the wine yards for the Portuguese harvesters and we have brought many many guests to her pig farm and vineyards. I love this place...

She used to deliver me fresh eggs to my house in Chancy...


I have even put a picture from her fields on a Benvenuto Magazine cover in Milan.

One morning along with Andre' dad, I witnessed a cow being born in the field, and they named her Sherry. I even bought her a real Swiss cow bell with her name on it, but later it was given back to me, I think they ate her.

The Laupers are amazing, they work harder than any one I know. They grow and produce about 8 different kinds of wine. They have recently planted new grapes and in the near future are going to produce a sparkling wine but they can not call it Champagne.
It is like a Fairytale world.

The Lauper Chateau, Chalet, Villa or whatever you want to call it, was built about 400 years ago. It is fabulous. I have photographed this house for over 10 years inside and out. Even did a sexy calander for Andre' for their anniversary but won't show those images...
Here is the evolution of the wine label as it stands today... Plenty room for changes and improvements, we have a year before it is available to drink. It just so happened to be snowing while I was there this year. Kinda nice touch for a celebration type wine.
The name of the grape is Clairette, But we need a name...

Any ideas?


No comments: