This is life, Live now...
Join my online Journal of Personal Adventure, Words and Photography...
Thanks for stopping by...
Smiles, Sherry

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Welcome back to Patrizi's Earth... We have had a terrific time in Europe this Holiday Season. The highlights were not the gifts we received, places we went, desserts we ate but the friendships and family time.

Ashlynn's 17th Birthday - Orvieto Italy. One of my favorite places on the planet.




Christmas Day after mass with families La Fratta, and Loevy's in Montefeggetsi... Needless to say we filled up the tiny Italian church.

Being together was the greatest feeling of all. Now I'm starting to understand my Mother more and more everyday. There is no greater feeling on Earth than your children all surrounding you. Not even baby cows and black Lindt Swiss chocolate balls are better.

Our first lunch together in Rome - Paninis YUM!

Although other than my four kids, the people we were with all season were not actually blood relatives, the incredible friendships we have together is bound by wonderful strong ties that over time has become more like family, and sometimes even better. The pictures of our Holiday sprinkled on this post is all about faces, real people, true friendship, and love of family.


Although we all truly missed our real families, especially those no longer with us but we made the best of our times together.

New Years Eve in the Chalet, La Clusaz France... Snowing outside.

It is time to get busy in 2009... My New Years Resolution is.... hummmmm. Well, I haven't made one. Of course it is to be a better person, read more, call my Mother more often, exercise daily, go to church even if it is at the crack on Friday morning, eat less chocolate (dang, did I say that?), work harder, continue to learn, gripe less, give more of myself to others, smile, suck in my stomach, don't be a physco Mom, be nice to the Arabic drivers, WHOA, HOLD ON, NOW WAIT A MINUTE, Maybe not the last one....



LIFE IS GOOD!

In general I am hoping 2009 will bring wonderful things to everyone I know.

OK gotta go, Going to the gym with a business card and a book, eating a granola bar and praying on the way holding my breath with my belly button sucked to my back, and smiling.... and I'm in a good mood....
Happy 2009....
Sher

3 comments:

deb did it said...

YAY! The photos are amazing....I can feel the love. So good to have you back. I LOVE THE PANINI LUNCH PHOTO!

Just Me said...

Now that I'm done boohooing after seeing you and your four children celebrating together, I can tell you it made me realize how much I missed our oldest of four not being able to join us for the holidays. You and Chris are blessed with a beautiful family and I know that you know that already!

Sher said...

Thank you Sybil.