This is life, Live now...
Join my online Journal of Personal Adventure, Words and Photography...
Thanks for stopping by...
Smiles, Sherry

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Fashion and Fritos

Fashion, something I have never been good at. I am too short to wear half the stuff that is in style, and if they don't sell it at Target I don't know about it. OK for real, I don't really pay attention to fashion all that much. I like cowboy boots, so I try and make them work with everything. I was excited when I saw they were in fashion in Italy. I hated to think I looked like a shot squatty Texan in Milan. But in Doha, well not so much. Flip Flops are the shoe for the sand, alas "SAND als!!!" DUH... But I hate to get sand in my toes. Gross. OK if you are at the beach, but not going to lunch in my Target outfit. Well they don't have a Target here, so I have resorted to well, not shopping. I will stock up this summer. Until then I am wearing boots until they sweat so bad I have to change to sandals. Buying shoes is my passion because my feet are the only thing on my body that doesn't have cellulite and hasn't gained weight. I still wear size 6-1/2 even though my pants have grown 3 sizes.

But I have discovered something in my wardrobe that is useless now, belts. I do not wear belts anymore. I have reached the stretchy pants, moo moo Walmart stage. OMG I am wearing my shirts all untucked. My muffin top has bulged out of it's last tight size Medium T-shirt. I have graduated to the big letter L. DAMN IT! I am constantly going through my closet now and chunking out everything stretchy and tight, which is most of my clothes... and I am not pregnant....

What does this tell me..... hummmm.. Well the cold water is hot and the hot water is hot, so maybe just maybe everything has shrunk in the washing machine here. But that is wishful thinking that things shrunk, instead of the real truth, I am a fat ass.



OK I am going to start pretending I am going to my 30 year reunion and they are going to put all of us five Beauties of Troy back on stage and see what we all look like now. Well I am positive Lisa Veale Gilbreath and Michelle Owens Bowman are thin and fit and still hot. Heck Lisa was a personal trainer and Michelle was a Derick Doll for the Houston Oilers, while I was having babies already... I can't remember the other 2. For heavens sake who would want to be the fatest old has been beauty queen on the stage. I have got to sike myself up to start a program and stick to it.. A schedule, a rhythm, a do it for me thing....

But the truth is... I hate it. I would rather Blog... work, have a picnic, visit with friends, shop, plant flowers, eat fritos and bean dip, anything but exercise. Either you have it in your blood or you don't in your life. I don't...

Fritos cost 27 QR at Mega Mart and Bean dip, 15.75QR together that is equal to $11.75 USD... It better be good....

6 comments:

Just Me said...

Fat ass, my hiney! It's voluptuous sweetheart. I think you'll give your rivals a run for their money.

Just Me said...

Ok, wait a minute. I went back and read that and now I'm not so sure how that came across. I wasn't referring to your hiney as being voluptuous. It was meant as a compliment...I promise!

deb did it said...

NO MORE NAME CALLING! You are beautiful Sherry inside AND out. You always look amazing whether it is boots, sandals, shorts, jeans, bra, no bra, Texas or Doha! STOP IT! Embrace the upcoming Autumn of your life. It's a wonderful season to enjoy the guilty pleasures of Fritos & Bean Dip...so unzip and munch on Sista! STRETCHY PANTS RULE!

Sher said...

Sybil, It's OK if you think my butt is Voluptuous, Hey Thanks!

Staci Danford said...

YOU are soooooooo funny. IF you were closer I'd make you jog with me now that I have my new non-peeing bladder. hee hee Aint life silly when you've reached the age when you can even say that and smile much less tell the world. ha
Staci

Unknown said...

You look great (and it was good looking at ya) sorry we didn't get over for a drink. We would have loved it. The week before Doha, i was in Korea, and Bridg was at school with a friend, so I decided to get back to some exercise (got the all clear from the Dr from the broken collar bone) and went to an step aerobics class. She said it was not for beginners, I chuckled and said "Oh, I've done it before" and went in. After a couple minutes, as the cute, mini Korean girls all came in, I felt like a beached whale in spandex, and then they started jumping over the step and around and I finally gave up and went to the stationary bike. It is not a good feeling. I have never felt so old and so disgusting!! Yesterday when Jim and I went out to look at houses, I unbuttoned my blouse and said it was the Sherry method- so no one would look at the rest of me. Jim said he liked your method!! xoxo (but he did say the rest of you was also hot!!)