This is life, Live now...
Join my online Journal of Personal Adventure, Words and Photography...
Thanks for stopping by...
Smiles, Sherry

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Couples and Friendships



I know it is a little late, but today I would like to applaud couples and friendships. Thanks honey for being such a great guy!
We have got a handful or should I say heart full of great friends. It sure does make life better. Whether we have known you for 2 months or 20 years we truly appreciate our friendships.
*******************
Recently Chris and I have joined a softball team. The ball is not soft, so why do they call it that? Anyway, I have not played in 25 years and even back then I was terrible, but in my own mind I am desperate to be good. Chris on the other hand is a natural and I am secretly jealous of his talent. He plays short stop I play second, we make a pretty good duo out there. It has been a fun adventure. I just hope we can last 7 more weeks without having to go to the Al Ali hospital.
We have had only 3 games, so far I have been hit in the shin by a line drive, bruised my arm from holding the bat wrong and caught a ball with my upper thigh instead of my glove and Chris has busted his knee in every game and pulled his hamstring. By the end of the season we will be bruised and bandaged from head to toe. I knew it was a bad sign when there was a Pharmacy bag with athletic wrap in the dugout last night. But still, it is fun.
If you get beat up that means you played hard.
Whether it is playing hard/softball or sailing the ocean blue, I hope you couples out there share bits of excitement and fun together in your everyday world, minus the bruises.
Smiles,
Sher

2 comments:

deb did it said...

batter up! I love the game! what a precious picture of love...

Staci Danford said...

Awe... I'd love to see that.. Just read a book about putting yourself out there and taking risks.. no matter what the age... LOVE it... You go girl..
Staci