This is life, Live now...
Join my online Journal of Personal Adventure, Words and Photography...
Thanks for stopping by...
Smiles, Sherry

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Flattered by Photography

As I have traveled around with my Pentax, Nikon and now Canon cameras, I have taken a bazillion images. I seem to be attracted to men. Cultural ones. Men in local dress, in their element, on the street, in the fields, working. Most are OK with the cameras, some are not. Here is a sequence of a street scene in Jordan taken from a cab. Notice the faces and expressions of the men and how one smile from me hanging out the car can change the moment.






Isn't it nice to smile? And even better to know you caused one.

3 comments:

Just Me said...

It's funny you post this today. I was at TV roundabout this morning watching one of those RED police suv's try to maneuver into his little designated spot. After reversing and forwarding 4 or 5 times, he finally got it. When he looked my way, I smiled and clapped for him. Thankfully he smiled back while waving his AK-47 at me!

Staci Danford said...

LOVE IT.... You know I'm all about a big ole TEXAS gal smile.. ha
You gotta love it.
Staci

Anonymous said...

Okay...Okay....I just HAVE to say this...I am a TEXAS gal, too...just like ya'll and I have been a voyeur on this site for quite a while. I LOVE IT!! Girl...you write so well. ALWAYS somewhere in your blog I find at least three things that touch me in my Texas-place. Only another Texan knows what that is...I, too, am a photo-crazy person but not like you, Sheri. Your pics are amazing...amazing. Please continue what you do weekly here...I've been away from Texas since 1986 but now that I found this site, I can go back with you. I feel like I know you just a little...I am from Nederland.
Hugs,
Madeline