This is life, Live now...
Join my online Journal of Personal Adventure, Words and Photography...
Thanks for stopping by...
Smiles, Sherry

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day









Although I don't have any pictures of my Father to post, I want to honor Father's today and the few of the special ones in our lives. You see we have people in our lives that might not be our fathers but play the role over and over again with each of us and our kids. I celebrate those men today and Thank you for being a wonderful important part of our lives.
(This is a note I wrote to Chris this morning. Thought I would open up my heart to you and share.)
Dear Chris,

As I sat here this morning thinking of people I would like to wish a Happy Father's day to, I went through the list of who I thought were great Dads and guys who were special to me and our kids. I sent the notes to Tim who was a substitute Dad and big brother to our kids in Austin, Michael Loup, Sparky, your Dad, Ralph, Jeff, Tommy, Kelly Gibson, Swiss Dads and WA. I even sent a note to Mr. Mahachek because I love the way he interacts with his little princess. (A math teacher at ASD)

But as I thought of all the Dads, Grand Dads, God Fathers and Friends that were Dads, I couldn't help to go back in time to remember when you weren't a Father yet, but became a Daddy.

I can remember so many touching moments in time that God put you in my world to heal my heart and comfort me and my children. I can picture you right now changing Amanda's diapers and kissing her tummy and bathing Nic and all the things real Father's do, and you were not any different. You were real. You still are.

I admire you Chris. I love you and the Father and Daddy you have been and still are to our four children. Thank you for being all I could have ever hoped for. I do not know what I did to deserve you. But I thank God for you every single day.
Sher

No comments: