This is life, Live now...
Join my online Journal of Personal Adventure, Words and Photography...
Thanks for stopping by...
Smiles, Sherry

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Missing Chancy


Next time a sunrise steals your breath or a meadow of flowers leaves you speechless, remain that way. Say nothing and listen as heaven whispers, "Do you like it? I did it just for you." Max Lucado
Today's topic is a mixture of sadness and reflection. Chancy is the name of the most adorable charming village in the world, but happens to be in Switzerland. We miss the beauty and simplicity of life there very much. At Christmas in 1997, the Patrizi family bought a yellow lab puppy in the mountains of France. We knew one day we would have to leave our fairlytale world so we named the dog Chancy after the place we loved to call home. Chancy was a great family pet and a huge pain in the butt! Chancy had many families over the years, and had real relationships with people. Today she is in DOG heaven! If I could describe what that would be for her, it would be near a field of cow dunk so she could roll around in it, and then a dirty pond to rinse off in. She would have all you can eat cheese trays, whole chickens and loaves of bread then a comfortable place to sleep and fart. God Bless Chancy!

2 comments:

Amanda Merz said...

I love that I was looking for some "Sherry" time and you were thinking about Chancy...I can hear the frogs and see you on your butt!

Anonymous said...

Chancy was one of my all time favorite dogs on this earth!
I miss her dragging me to the treat bucket!!!...and watching her open the back door...and rolling around in dirt until she looked like a black lab instead of blonde! She had so much personality just like all the Patrizis!