This is life, Live now...
Join my online Journal of Personal Adventure, Words and Photography...
Thanks for stopping by...
Smiles, Sherry

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Heart shaped rocks..

There is something special about a heart shaped rock... I have made a point to really notice them daily, wherever I am... I decided one day that when I would notice things shaped like a heart, I would stop and think about it. Why had it been put in my path? Who put it there? Even if it were a smashed piece of gum on the Milan sidewalk by the Conciliatione Metro stop, below the gypsy beggar with one leg. There would be a little sign of something nice, a heart. Which as we all know represents love. It always made me think it was created there for me to spot... There are days, weeks and even months when I do not see heart shaped random worldly objects, or at least I don't notice them, but I have a feeling if you try, you will find that they live abundantly all around you. It could be a leaf, a piece of lettuce you just so happen to see in your salad, a design on the marble floor while your sitting on the pot, or a cloud, but a rock is extra special. It is something free, most of the time you can take with you. Collect them, save the moment you find God's message of positive love in the ditch. Wallow in the shape and meaning. Then share it with someone else.

Over the years I have been the recipient of many heart shaped objects, mainly free rocks given to me by numerous friends, and the really special ones given to me by children, not just my own. I have rocks from special hikes, creeks, Tanzania, moments in time I know exactly where they came from and who gave it to me. I have a collection. It makes me happy. Possibly my most prized collection, even better than the Limoges boxes, Waterford and Lladro porcelain statues.

The next time you notice a heart shaped rock, take a picture of it, put it in your pocket, take it home if you can. Glance at it often. I believe it brings good Karma to your surroundings, doesn't matter if you are into Fung Shui or not!




You see, you can't put a price on love, it is free. Free to give, and free to receive. Free, yet priceless.



6 comments:

deb did it said...

I LOVE YOU SHERRY, Deb

Kimberly 'Butterfly Wings' said...

Wonderful images! What keen vision...God's love is everywhere! Thanks for sharing your 'heart(s)'. You may be interested in my blog, The Heart Rock Collective - www.heartrocks.blogspot.com. I'm going to add your post to my blog...it makes a wonderful addition.

artisticaamor said...

Hi, I also see hearts every where<3 in my food , the clouds, in shades in any possible thing and have a collection from the smallest rock to the biggest I can carry... I even done Art exhibits with the pics I take,this has started in 2009 pls check out my fB https://www.facebook.com/pages/Artistica-Amor-Love-Artist/425179450859680?hc_location=timeline

Unknown said...

The exact thing happens to me and has for years. I have pictures of rocks I have found in the shape of a heart. No matter where I go I find one. I have given a lot away but keep some.My husband just finished a rock path this summer. When I went out to see the final project I of course noticed that one of the many rocks was heart shaped!

Rush'd Lady said...

Artist Stephanie Ackerman got me to thinking about heart-shaped rocks and other objects as love messages from God. She has several photos of heart shaped objects on her blog, so then I began looking, cause you know, I could use love note reminders from God. Didn't know anyone else looked too. :) I've begun collecting photos and posting them to my gratitude blog too! I used to collect "friendship rocks" -- you know the ones with holes all the way through that you can string on a cord for a friend, but I don't believe I've seen a heart-shaped rock in my foraging for those.

That Girl 2691 said...

Hello, I didn't know someone else collected heart rocks. I have been collecting them with my children, and grandchildren for years. They are the most precious things I have.

Love your blog :) Linda