This is life, Live now...
Join my online Journal of Personal Adventure, Words and Photography...
Thanks for stopping by...
Smiles, Sherry

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Things I miss about Texas...

1. My Mother

2. My Family and Friends

3. Big tall Texas pine trees and that green shit that gets all over your car in the spring.

4. Love bugs by the thousands stuck to your grill so bad you have to go through the car wash twice and they are still not all gone!

5. Mexican Food, Rancheros, Pappasitas, Margaritas, Chips and Hot sauce. Whoo Hoo, Can't wait.

6. Seeing the longhorns grazing on 1488 at the Damuth Ranch reminding me about the simpler way of life. (Is simpler a word?)

7. Rolling hills near Austin, the coolness of Austin in general... Hippies and weirdos!

8. Bluebonnets and Indian paintbrushes in Brenham

9. We have Bluebell in Doha, but I don't buy it, so Bluebell less than $15 a gallon.

10. A Whataburger with Jalapenos

11. Convenience of parking, driving, eating, living without hassles.

12. Southern Hospitatily when people actually say Hello and Thank you and smile.

13. A cowboy, a tractor, Hay truck and Watermelons for sale on the side of the road on 290 in Hempstead.

14. The Luling water tower.

15. Seeing the sign that says La Grange and making the uh huh huh sound of ZZtop.

16. Friends that bond right back like we haven't even left yet.

17. Cool Junk in Round Top

18. Wildwood Methodist Church Family.

19. Seeing new babies I haven't met yet.

20. Landscaping, green nice Oak trees, flowers and the smell of freshly mowed grass

21. Country and Western music

22. Floating down the river at 47 wishing my body was 18.

23. Greune Hall

24. Deer grazing in a neighbor's yard

25. Hawks, hummingbirds and squirrels, I actually miss squirrels!

26. Bull frogs croaking from the pond

27. Fried Catfish, Raw Oysters, Crawfish boils...

28. Rain

29. James Taylor look alike playing live at Stingeree on Boliver at sunset over the intercoastal canal with barges passing.

30. Home, the feeling of home.

Oh boy, Texas here we come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You just described my front yard, my backyard, my neighborhood, my little Texas town, MY LIFE! The door is open, the biscuits are baking and the seat is down, COME ON IN! Deb