This is life, Live now...
Join my online Journal of Personal Adventure, Words and Photography...
Thanks for stopping by...
Smiles, Sherry

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Sixteen year old Scarecrow still hanging out!


It's that time of year again... The air has turned a bit cooler, (less than 100) and the sun sets a bit earlier. Life is still busy but for some reason there is a calming air around. Things just seem to turn one knotch slower. Autumn/Fall it is a time of reflection a time for leaves to turn, wither and flitter down and time tends to wait... Animals even seem to know. Although we don't have trees with leaves or animals, so it is hard to know when it is fall around here.

I have had this scarecrow for 16 years. YEP DEB DID IT!!! Actually I have 3, but only brought one with me. This fellow is very lucky he made the cut. He brings back thoughts of times when I had 4 little kids, living in Atascocita and really went all out on the pumpkin decor in the yard. Not so much now... I have 2 plastic pumpkins, this scarecrow and 3 mums I just bought, (that will probably last 2 more days). But hey, it is something.


I love Fall. I love this celebration of the end to summer and the excitment of Winter and the holidays on the horizon. This means I get to see my three missing children again... It can't get here soon enough... I miss them... I wish for everyone a notch slower paced lifestyle this season so we can slow down just enough to have some reflection on where we have been.
Gather a nice bowl of pears and linger around the pumpkin patch this year. You can make lots of lovely dishes with pumpkins. I am anxious to find one here.
If you can't find pumpkins, buy an orange bra at the grocery store.
That will get you in the spirit...
Happy Fall Ya'll.
Sher

1 comment:

deb did it said...

Oh Sherry, I always look forward to Fall and Christmas to see where DEB DID IT creations are poppong up and out of moving boxes to adorn your beautiful world wide homes!! Thank you for taking me with you in all your lifes journey! I love ya!