This is life, Live now...
Join my online Journal of Personal Adventure, Words and Photography...
Thanks for stopping by...
Smiles, Sherry

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Where has time gone?

I am feeling homesick for my long lost three college kids. It has finally hit me that time passes sometimes faster than we know. The world turns constantly and sometimes we forget to stop and concentrate on the moment we are in, the present...
Now I have realised I did not do it enough in the past. Heck, I was busy raising 4 kids!

So Today I am looking back, which a lot of us do... Remembering "The Way It Was"... (Sounds like a movie...) I have started longing for the times when I worked for weeks on Halloween costumes, making a black widow spider that was never worn cause it looked stupid once finished. Or the all time favorite "Gorilla carrying a boy in a cage", (First place of course...) I spent all afternoon yesterday trying to find a Pebbles and Bam Bam costume for Ash and Josh who are too old for trick or treating but hate to grow up... I hate it too. I hate it more today now that I am feeling this way.
The sun rises every morning, and sets every night. We must pause... from the book, or carpool, or email, or cooking long enough to realize this day we can never get back. This dinner will never happen again while you are holding hands and praying together, you never step in a river twice even at the same spot, because it is always flowing.
Change is eternity ~ everlasting ~ ongoing.
It is obvious by looking at the pictures below.
Where are my four little babies?
Where is my young family?


What happened?

All I know is I can't wait until we are all six in the same room together again.

Miss you all terribly...

LOVE MOM

8 comments:

deb did it said...

Ok, thanks for the huge lump in my throat while I sip my morning coffee.
I feel it, too. Scooter is way too many miles and months away from me. Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos, the last being my favorite! Although Ash was a newborn when I met you.....ARGHHHHHH!!

Staci Danford said...

Well that was a heart wrencher to read. I know how you feel though. That's why God gave me little Brady.... so I'd realize that the best things in life are the little ones that happen everyday. It's a shame that I didn't know that sooner when my big two kids were small. But,,,,,, all we can do is start over today and make it the best we can. From here on out enjoy every second. Even the ones that get on your nerves because someday you'll be looking back at them too. Love ya, miss ya..
Staci

Loved the pictures. You were just a blonde hottie now weren't you.

Sher said...

What do you mean WERE???? Dang it!

Just Me said...

LOVE the BIG hair Sher!!

Anonymous said...

Trying to figure out how to comment...hope it works. This one really put a lump in my throat too. Just when I worry about the difficulties of teenagers, it makes me remember how great it is they are all still here. We are not too far behind. The day Alex leaves will be here before we know it. Love the pictures....love reading about you. We think of you often! Love, Allison

Unknown said...

WE SURE ENJOYED YOUR LATEST STORY OF YOUR WONDERFUL LIVES TOGETHER. YOUR LOVE FOR EACH OTHER WILL CARRY YOU THROUGH TILL THE TIME YOU CAN BE ALL TOGETHER AGAIN.

BABS AND I LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR WONDERFUL PICTURES AND STORIES.

KEEP THEM COMING

WE ARE FINE.

LOVE ALWAYS

TROY AND BABS

P.S. I HAVE MADE IT WELL PAST THE YEAR 2000 THAT I TOLD YOU ONCE I WOULD BE THANKFUL TO SEE COME TO PASS. I AM A HAPPY 83 YEAR OLD NEWLY WED AND THANK GOD EVERY DAY FOR MY BRAND NEW LIFE.

Sher said...

Seems like we all need a bit of Uncle Troy in our hearts huh?

Amanda Patrizi said...

We miss you too mom!!!!!
can't wait to see you in a month or so. love you lots.