This is life, Live now...
Join my online Journal of Personal Adventure, Words and Photography...
Thanks for stopping by...
Smiles, Sherry

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Quincy goes to college!




I am officially a Baylor Mom. Alexandra is set in her dormroom with 2 roomies both named Rachel. Leaving her was not too bad because I know in my heart she is in the perfect place.






Quincy is a handmade doll 4 or 5 Freshman Magnolia boys made for Alexandra when we left for Italy. It is really cute. She has treasured it like no other. Quincy was handled with care as we packed and unpacked boxes for Baylor University.






The funniest story ever is while Alex and I waited in a line of 967 cars, we were #966 to unpack at the dorm, I glanced over to my right and sitting pretty on a porch, is our couch! Not one like it, but the real thing. This couch was bought in Texas, moved to California, back to Beaumont, Atascocita, Chancy Switzerland and back to Magnolia Texas. Before we moved to Italy we sold it to my sweet friend Robin who gave it to her son for college. This couch is over 21 years old. Been recovered and still going stong on the porch of some college house in Waco Texas. I have a feeling Alex will reunite with it someday. How funny is that?


Now the Patrizi Family is split. 3 in the States and 3 in The Middle East. It makes it harder and harder to be away.
How ever old you are reading this you all can relate to the feeling of being on your own for the first time. Whether it is college, marriage, divorce, or death we are all in that place at one time or more in our lives. Sometimes young, and sometimes old... It is all what you make of it. I am sure that Alex is ready to make it great.
She is now a beautiful butterfly...

3 comments:

Just Me said...

Seeing Alex settling in at Baylor reminds me that I forgot to tell you that we saw Amanda at St. Ed's last weekend. She was serving up sorbet at the luau. She was as cute as ever!

deb did it said...

Oh Sher,

I love your sentiments! Life is full of change, it is the only thing that remains the same.I love my changes and celebrate with a song by Little River Band, "Time for a Cool Change" wishing for you a tall drink of cool water! ~wink~

Staci Danford said...

You know I know how you feel. Leaving your kids at college is a strange feeling. A little bit fabulous and a little bit sad. But, it's just a part of life that takes you to the next step. Alex looked happy and full of joy at the thrill of her new life. Look in her sparkly eyes and you can tell you've done good.
Staci