This is life, Live now...
Join my online Journal of Personal Adventure, Words and Photography...
Thanks for stopping by...
Smiles, Sherry

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Mom turns gourmet...

OK OK So I am slightly intimidated by my husband and his roots in the restaurant business. He is a gourmet chef and I am married to him! It is a wonderful thing, but on occasion Chili , beef enchiladas or tacos are good, but not gourmet. I feel like my cooking is inferior, and truth is... IT IS!!! So I need to spruce up my menus. I wasn't raised around gourmet food, we did not even have garlic in the spice rack for heaven's sake. Last night I copied a few ideas and came up with a, what I thought was, pretty for a Tuesday.

Saffron Risotto below fresh garlic spinach, and topped with a spicy BBQ pesto shrimp. I used Nicholas' trick with the PVC pipe, Mandola's idea of the seafood/spinach and Marcia's cajun BBQ shrimp plus Chris' homemade pesto.

Ashlynn thought it was so pretty she took a picture.

WHAAAAAA LAH!!!

1 comment:

deb did it said...

mouth watering here....I will have 2 orders to go please! BEAUTIFUL...