This is life, Live now...
Join my online Journal of Personal Adventure, Words and Photography...
Thanks for stopping by...
Smiles, Sherry

Monday, November 24, 2008

Adult ADD Christmas or Thanksgiving???


I love this time of year... I don't know what to do first... So I am blogging.... by request from two friends who want me to write daily... OMG I have stuff to do don't you know..... Although I am addicted to this online journal....Now I have to add one more thing on the list of things to do... BLOG... here is my day....

My grocery list is on the counter in the kitchen along with a few recipes, some of the ingredients we can not find here in Doha, so I am trying to figure out what else I can make, the grocery list is 22% complete.


I have to start thinking about my table setting for Thanksgiving on Friday when I have 12 over for the Traditional Turkey and sweet potato casserole (without sweet potatoes.) But the distraction of Christmas boxes linger in the open closet.... haunting me like a ghost in the night, "Sherry Sherry come here my child! Open me Open me, see what's inside.... I have surprises for you that will make you happy in here....." I haven't opened the boxes in 2 years and I am very tempted... Oh OK just do it...

OK need chocolate. Check e-mail... Start blog... Look at Christmas journals to see what I wrote about making Christmas better and stuff not to forget. Get Christmas cards out before December 1st, Oh crap better hurry... that's a familiar date... and it's almost here...
This is my first attempt.


I always used to have a girly party on December 1st. About 20 years ago it started out as a little get together, and over the years turned into a full craft fair, along with a cashier, mack truck backing down the driveway unloading furniture, and the police stopping by to see what all the commotion was. Then when I moved abroad I did a smaller version of it. Even gathered and cut my own grapevines from the hill above Chancy and made very cute wreaths that year, ahhhhh. So hey, I need to have a party... Stop, make a guests list....

My dishwasher broke this morning. Called compound repair guy, still hasn't shown up.
What am I going to wear for the Gala in January? Do my ski pants still fit, let's try them on....Oh I should take a shower, friend on the way.

I need to go to the lab to pick up swim team pictures that are ready, but Marcia Pratt is coming over for left over gumbo for lunch, she always brings me sussies she calls them, always nice sweet gifts, she is like a mini Santa everyday... Except much cuter.

Then I began to rearrange the furniture in the living room because Ashlynn didn't like it. Not much you can do with other peoples furniture... Kinda gross really. But hey, you do what you gotta do...


My poinsettias are croaking on the front porch, too hot... dang must water...

So when I was looking for invitations for the Christmas party, I ran across some old pumpkin cards, so wonderful... Must write a few Thankful cards. OK done... Next...


I have opened up a few boxes and scattered around a few Santas, some very fine ones that I absolutely love. But still kept the remainder of the few remnants of Thanksgiving, after all it is not here yet... It is hard to think about snowmen and scarves, we are wearing flip flops for heavens sake.
Oh bark bark, must take Bella for a walk, so she can poop in other peoples yard and I can pick it up. Who is the animal here, if an alien was to see this, we would be the stupid ones. After her walk she takes a nap...

Yikes, gotta go pick up Ashlynn from Tennis. Thank goodness. Got to get out of this mess.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are u doing in your spare time?

Staci Danford said...

Yippie....... So glad to see all that's going on in your life. Feels like you're just around the corner that way. Love all your pictures. Made me smile right here in the middle of a plain ole Monday. I too need to work, but BLogging is sooooooooooooo much more fun... Thanks for sharing...
Staci

Just Me said...

OMG, Sherry...I'm only on my second cup of coffee and you have TOTALLY exhausted me. I think I'll just put on another pot and veg out for the day.

Karen said...

I can relate! Thank goodness it's just Adult ADD. I thought it was "old age". Silly me!