This is life, Live now...
Join my online Journal of Personal Adventure, Words and Photography...
Thanks for stopping by...
Smiles, Sherry

Saturday, November 29, 2008

More Preparations....



One day to go....OK now I must cook and set the table. First recipe, Feta Torta... YUM....






Along with Grandma's cornbread dressing, sweet potato casserole, pumpkin soup, I did it all from scratch, not one can opened.


OK gotta stop for lunch... Panini and diet coke... Yes, that is Arabic Diet coke.
I have a thing about setting the table. I live for a fabulous table setting. I can wear old bluejeans and boots, but my table is going to look good. We don't do plastic plates and paper napkins here. After all this is Thanksgiving we are Thankful, Blessed and it is not an ordinary day, I am going to make it extraordinary for everyone at my table. (Get it "EXTRA" Ordinary!!)


You guys are going to be jealous of this one... Chris and I make a good team, he loves the kitchen, I love the presentation. Woke Ash up at 9:00AM she helped because I couldn't hold the onions and green beans and tie the bow at the same time. Oh and Bella, she watched.

Then my genius daughter figured out if you use a rubber band, you can do it alone. (Hence, "Why did you wake me up Mom , DUH couldn't you figure this out on your own!")We spent an hour or more getting the table just right... And although we were missing three of our children at the table, I honored them by assigning someone else their engraved napkin ring. Josh represented Nicholas, Marica for Amanda and Sarah Barnes for Alexandra. Our guests were from various parts of the globe. The first time Sarah and Joe Barnes our Volleyball coaches from New Zealand had ever been to an American Thanksgiving dinner. I was honored to have them.

Here is vegetable table decor at it's finest....DAAAA DAH!!!! We counted our Blessings one by one...Bill from Canada was proud of his son Josh, Elizabeth for family, Adam by his experiences and life living abroad (very grown up for a 15 yr old), Ashlynn for food and family, Josh was blessed by relationships, Wright from Arkansas was Thankful for his relationship with God, Marcia was blessed with her family and everything, Nancy her family, Chris his wife, weather, family, day, The Barnes were thankful for people that made them feel like family being so far away from their own, and me with so much (I talked way too long), family, teachers, husband, love, (and of course to myself, creative table decorations....)


No one mentioned fancy cars, or houses, or money, or things... Everyone was thankful for people in their world, lives that made a difference to them, today, experiences, faith and relationships. A lesson that all those "things" don't matter in the end, what matters the most is those you LOVE, and fancy table decorations...End of story.The candles burned well into the evening as I relaxed with my turkey sandwich, husband, puppy and laptop.


I am thankful for whoever you are reading this day in my life. I hope yours was as warm and wonderful.


Smiles,


Sherry

6 comments:

deb did it said...

My holiday is now complete! My eyes have feasted upon the Patrizi table. SPECTACULAR, Bravo! My table was warm and wonderful, rich with family and friends, but not near so beautifully decorated because we ATE OUR VEGGIES!!

pollicino said...

Patrizia hello, I think you have a wonderful family and a beautiful blog, wishes for the future.A big hello from Italy, Eugenio
Ciao Patrizia,io credo che hai una splendida famiglia ed un bellissimo blog,auguri per il futuro.Un grande ciao dall'Italia,Eugenio

Sher said...

How exciting!!! My first comment in Italian... Oh how we love Italy. I will be there in 3 weeks... Can't wait...

Staci Danford said...

Oh my gosh... Loved loved it... I too love a pretty table. It makes the food taste better I think. Plus it just makes the event so much more fun. Wish I would have been there to see it all in person. I'm glad you posted all the pictures.
Staci

Anonymous said...

What a great way to end Thanksgiving and move into Christmas. Loved seeing your table, and yes, the decorations were spectacular. You outdid yourself. We had a big family dinner which are the moments that make me appreciate being home. We also were all thankful for each other and life. Noone said anything about "things"--love it, but also love to think about doing something different. Allison P.S. Who is Eugenio???

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing writer and photographer. What I gift you have...continue sharing the beauty of your gift with us.

Bellisimo (sp?)...