This is life, Live now...
Join my online Journal of Personal Adventure, Words and Photography...
Thanks for stopping by...
Smiles, Sherry

Thursday, November 6, 2008

New Business Card ~ Old story

Lately I've been whining about missing my big kids a lot to anyone that will listen. I even made a new business card with a very old picture... I have been staring at it over and over again. This is where my life started...

I remember the day I took this shot, in Beaumont Texas 1985.

I received an email from an old friend (50), he sent me this story I wrote about 5 years ago he had saved .
(For those of you who think my stories are too long, I didn't make you click on here!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


August 2004, Missing kids, It all began back when...

Today I said good-bye to my son again... Just about 10 minutes ago. He packed his sister's truck like a typical college boy. Everything crammed in boxes, stuff like a box of latex gloves. I said "Nic, why do you have a box of Latex gloves?" He said "Last year I copied Dad's idea and went to a Halloween party as Dr. Sphinskster, (a proctologist) and I might need them again...."

The mound also consisted of down comforters without duvets, several pillows without pillow cases, all the old towels he could find, boxes of clothes and shoes with green plaid boxers hangin' out the top, his rugby ball, and favorite bongo drum, (and a box of latex gloves just in case). Right before he took off he remembered his two large bottles of Patrizi's Italian Dressing. He had made a double batch last night, one for the new house and one for his roommate's parents. So in an ice chest sitting next to him, my son heads to Austin Texas with all his favorite things, his Italian dressing and a box of latex gloves.

Earlier at lunch there was a small blond headed boy, about 2 years old, sitting directly behind him and I could not stop staring at him, he was making a mess and blowing in his drink. Nicholas turned around and made faces at him and the little boy smiled. I said "See you just don't get it Nic, one day you are blowing in your drink and the next you are off to college!" His reply was, "Mom, I still blow in my drink!"

On the way home we talked about grown ups who didn't have their own children, and he said how that would be terrible, he definitely wanted his own family, his own children. I begin to tear up just to think that we spoke of him having a family... He spit out his toothpick laughing at me and told me I was so silly.

He hugged me and kissed me twice in the driveway before he drove away whistling.

His baby teeth have all fallen out, his knees have been kissed enough, he knows the truth about Santa and the Easter Bunny, he can make the Italian Dressing, he knows he has God and a special guardian angel named David by his side and a family to call no matter what, and of course, a box of latex gloves.

To all of you who are in the process of anticipating this for the first time or the last, OUCH!
Smiles,
Sherry Patrizi
Magnolia Photography 2004

2 comments:

Staci Danford said...

WOW.. I could hardly get through that without the tears messing up my "old vision".... You do know I know exactly how you felt that day. It's funny because I just wrote about Brent on my Blog and of course cried through that too. There is just nothing in all the world like the LOVE of a mother to her son... May they always know how perfect and precious they are.
Staci

deb did it said...

Sherry, I lick my wounded heart every day too being so far away from my One Son. All we can do is be grateful that they are alive and we can still call them and hope to see them again someday soon. That's all.